So here it is 5 days before leaving for the trip of a lifetime to Luxor Egypt to shoot HDR photography in the ancient temples. Man I can’t believe I’m actually DOING this, what a trip! I’ve never been overseas before so I had to get all of my shots and plan very carefully for this trip. I’ll be on site for 5 days. During this time I hope to explore Luxor and Karnak temples on the east bank and The Ramseseum, Madinet Habu, Seti I, Dayr Al Bahari, the memorial temple of Queen Hatshepsut (Hat-Cheap-Suit) on the west bank.
I’ve been dreaming about this trip for years; Ever since I watched a Discovery Channel show about this ‘Feathered Serpent’ character that shows up all over the world thousands of years ago and greatly influenced several world cultures.
The main thing that draws me to Luxor on this trip however is the interplay of light on the sandstone and granite of these ancient temples. To walk where the ancients did and to spend unencumbered time there doing nothing, to feel the true vibe of the place, that’s why I’m going; just to BE THERE.
I leave this Friday night at 8pm and I’m missing First Friday for it. The flight over takes 32 hours with layovers and I get in at 6am on Sunday. That should be fun! Ugh. I need to call the hotel tonight and see if they can *please* let me have my room early or do I just need to pay for another day. But I’m NOT going to just wander the streets of Luxor until 3pm waiting for check in! Of course once I get there I’ll probably be so excited that I have to take my camera and run over to Luxor Temple straight away just to SEE the place.
Almost done getting my lists together and I started packing in earnest today. I’m really doing this. WOW
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats! I am so jelous! I have not been to that continent yet? Need a concubine??? ha ha ha
ReplyDelete